Ads that Work is the beginner-level class that teaches you which ads are working right now, and how to make them work for you. It is necessarily a broad overview, but you will finish the course with a list of the right newsletter advertisers for you, and at least one ready-to-run ad for each of the three major pay-per-click ads.
Ads That Work is appropriate for anyone with a published book to advertise, or anyone who is very close to hitting Publish. Because ad effectiveness and strategy change constantly, you should plan to take Ads That Work when you’re ready to start implementing the things you learn right away.
Please note: Ads That Work is very much intended to be a 101-level course. If you already know how to build and deploy ads on the major platforms, this is not the class for you.
Ads That Work lasts four weeks. Each week includes:
– an overall topic presentation
– a video call (small group or full class)
– individual call with me
– worksheets and printables
(Syllabus subject to change based on feedback from ongoing courses.)
Week One – Newsletter advertisers
- Topic: What are the different types of newsletter ads, and which work for which genres?
- Video call: Screenshare of the application process at the advertisers currently performing best
- Individual call: Brainstorm which newsletter advertisers are best for your book(s) and design an ad campaign
Week Two – BookBub Ads
- Topic: Best practices and how-tos for BookBub ads (images, copy, targeting)
- Video call: BookBub ad best practices, and how to monitor and interpret results
- Individual call: Build a BookBub ad together in real time
Week Three – Facebook Ads
- Topic: Best practices and how-tos for Facebook ads (images, copy, targeting)
- Video call: Facebook ad best practices, and how to monitor and interpret results
- Individual call: Build a Facebook ad together in real time
Week Four – Amazon Marketing Services (AMS)
- Topic: Best practices and how-tos for Amazon’s native ad platform (copy and targeting)
- Video call: AMS ad best practices, and how to monitor and interpret results
- Individual call: Build an AMS ad together in real time
All sessions are currently full, but we will be announcing our summer schedule very soon. Fill out the form at the right (or, on mobile, the form below) to be notified when registration opens!
What are people saying about Ads That Work?
“Understanding the various ad platforms can be a daunting process. There are so many ways to waste time and money, and still have no sales. I was very lucky to run across the Indie Pub Intensive course. It was a very hands on and comprehensive course that lasted an entire month. The instructor, Tammi, was knowledgeable and well versed. We were provided with solid information and course materials. I am looking forward to taking more classes from this group.”
-Chris Patterson, urban fantasy author
“I loved the practical one-on-one sessions with Tammi. They really make this course stand head and shoulders above the competition. Having an expert personally guide you through the practical application of the concepts, tailored for your specific needs, is absolutely invaluable. If you’re ready to learn more about Ads That Work, this course is for you!”
-Marina Finlayson, urban fantasy author