Mailing List Expert is a comprehensive course designed to teach you how to build and maintain a strongly engaged email list — one full of actual fans willing to pay for the books you write, rather than free-seekers who will forget your name and never open your emails.
Mailing List Expert covers the basics, the next level, and some advanced and innovative methods. Any indie author, at any stage of the game, will learn something here. Take Mailing List Expert when you’re building a list, want to grow your existing list, or find yourself frustrated with your list’s performance. And even if you’ve come a long way on your indie author journey, don’t think you won’t learn new things even in the Basics section; you will!
Mailing List Expert lasts four weeks. Each week includes:
– an overall topic presentation
– a video call (small group or full class)
– individual call with me
– worksheets and printables
Week One – Basics
- Topic: Which is the best mailing list provider, and why?
- Video call: Full-class discussion of the most popular solutions, and the pros and cons of each.
- Individual call: Analyze your current situation and decide on goals. We’ll choose a provider if you don’t have one, or consider switching if your current provider isn’t meeting your needs.
Week Two – Building
- Topic: Setup, autoresponders/automation/onboarding, what you’re really selling (ProTip: it’s not books)
- Video call: Full-class discussion of strategies for getting those first subscribers, and how to acclimate new subscribers — even when you only have a few
- Individual call: Plan out your individual onboarding and welcome emails/sequences.
Week Three – Expanding
- Topic: How to keep growing your list with quality subscribers — ethically and sustainably
- Video call: Full class – What are the various list-growing methods, which work best in which situations, and why?
- Individual call: Decide which list-growing techniques are best for you and set them up
Week Four – Engaging
- Topic: “Why the hell aren’t they opening my emails?” (I feel you. I do.)
- Video call: Full-class discussion about open rates, click rates, engagement, spam/promotion filters, and solutions
- Individual call: Plan your engagement/re-engagement routine
And all graduates get forever access to a forum of indie authors just like you — the success stories of tomorrow, who will share tips and tricks as they get bigger and better!